Where The Heck Are These Kids Coming from?

The view across the street from Garnish House
Arrived in Cork City a little after 4.30 this afternoon. Although Cork City is a bit small, fact says that it's the second largest city in Ireland after Dublin. Not in the same league of busy Dublin for sure.  However, despite the busy nature of the city, Dublin is far from being overwhelming. I think the fact that I like the most about it is that the downtown area is not too spread-out, and that you can get around it by public transportation in a reasonably short time. This is exactly not the case with New York City and London. For me, New York City and London are fun cities to visit, but not to live in. Anyway, I dare you to either buy this or not since this is purely my own opinion. Haha, what other choices do you have, eh :D. Staying too long in either NYC or London would give me a headache. You may disagree with me -after all, everyone is different!, I certainly have no bones about it.

Anyway, just a thought here..
Downtown Dublin
It’s very exciting for me to be in the Europe again! Europe’s pretty much all I want to go thus far. Looking back, when I got a turn to choose a destination it’s always been somewhere in the Europe -four of the Schengen countries in November 2008, and the UK in March 2010. Another even year is here.. I have to say Ireland and I are quite hitting it off! After Paris, Dublin has now become my second favorite European city!


Wow, what’s all with all the rambling?? Let’s get back to Cork!


Heuston Station in Dublin, where we caught our train to Cork

We’re staying at Garnish House (paid 81 Euros/night) located on Western Rd. Took the damn taxi from the train station. It was on meter and the charge was at 9.50 Euros; tipped the guy 3 Euros. A short ride. Think it was less than 10 minutes long. The location of our B & B is very convenient, turned out. We were able to walk to the city center in like 10 to 15 minutes. Friggin’ awesome!

On the way to and back from the city this evening (went out to find something to eat), we ran into a bunch of kids hanging out and walking around in groups. Had no clue what was going on, but there had to be something happening close by. Oh, maybe just some boring youngsters, I thought. I kept wondering where the heck they came from as I kept seeing the likes of them.

Anyway,.. on a different topic, we were not sure of what to eat this evening so we strolled along French Church St, Pembroke St, and a few others within its proximity. Wound up choosing this restaurant called Zanzibar, since Irish (lamb) stew was on their menu. And by the way, that’s what Glen wanted to have tonight. Poor thing didn’t get to eat Irish stew in the end, cuz they had sold the last one by the time we arrived at their door  >.<

Cork's Court House
Errr.. back to the talk about the kids, please!

Okay, Comrades. So... as we walked home, to our sights were a bunch of adolescents (again?!) lining up to enter a few night clubs. I just glanced a stare at the bouncers. They’re scary, thought I. And guess what? We saw a big gate a couple of hundred feet away as we reached our Garnish House. It was too dark to tell whether or not it was a culdesac, but I doubt that it is. UCC is written on the damn gate, and the blimmin’ abbreviation stands for University College Cork. LOL. So, those kids we saw earlier were goofing off school on a Thursday night. As I am writing this I hear them making noise on Western Rd (our room is facing the street) every now and then. Olala!! XD

Comments

  1. Eh Jeng, hotele ono sing better price or iki Garnish House is standard ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go check online Jeng, web model2 Agoda or hoteltravel.com gitu. I think just like elsewhere, pricenya bervariasi, depending level of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *depending on level of comfort. Garnish House is highly rated on tripadvisor.com; makanya kita stay here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checked tripadvisor Mpooook.., saw quite a few of places under 50 Euros ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts