The Spontaneous: Ring of Kerry


Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who's been reading my posts on Ireland! It's amazing that since my first entry in December last year, the number of viewing has reached over 1100 times. I could not have kept on going without y'all! :)

Today we went on a bus tour to Ring of Kerry. Did not actually plan on doing this tour, by the way. But after figuring out ourselves (by venturing the town) how small and dead Killarney is, we decided to sign up for the damn tour. It was about 20 Euros per person, which is very reasonable considering the length of the tour. The driver, who was also our guide, picked up at our lodge at 10 in the morning. We got dropped off later at the lodge at 4 in the afternoon. Good length, eh?

What is actually Ring of Kerry?
Same question popped up in my mind, Dude! Had no idea at all what the thing was. Turned out.. it's the name of the road in the county of Kerry our minibus cruised over! The road/trail is circular, 170ish kilometers long, extremely narrow (dunno how that blimmin' bus fit in) and super scenic! Its natural beauty really fascinated me, and I could not get enough of taking pictures through the entire trip. We made many stops along the way for picture-taking, and lastly for lunch. I couldn't resist the temptation to devour delicious Irish (lamb) stew that they had at Blue Bull Pub -Ironic isn't it, taking into account that I am a big fan of Wacky Woolies. LOL :D

Two slices of soda bread that accompanied my stew
I find Killarney very pleasing, by the way. Contrasting it with Cork City, Killarney is beyond questions, more neat. No wonder, it's named Ireland's most tidiest town in 2011. I didn't see dog's poo all over the city, for one thing -this thing is rather prevalent in Cork City, I really had to watch out when walking on a sidewalk. I was quite surprised that people rarely pick up after their dogs here, while it is considered compulsory in the US.

Watched an Irish telly channel this evening, while 'The Voice of Ireland' was being aired. It's some sort of singing contest in which the contestants get paired up with one another. Kian Egan from Westlife and Sharon Corr were among the judges. Ah.., nice to see familiar faces..! :)

Was very excited upon stumbling into an Oasis DVD at some store this evening. Hope it's something I've never watched before since I used to have quite a few of their video releases. Don't know where they are now, totally abandoned them when moving to the States.

Wiped out tonight so I'm taking off early. Later!

Comments

Popular Posts