'Ssup Surabaya?!

So Comrades,.. where were we??

Leaving Surabaya in 5 hours or so. I will be headed to the city of Solo in Central Java. Shall be arriving there a little before 9 pm. I am sooo friggin' looking forward to it! As far as I can recall, I have never stayed or stopped over in the city. Not in the past 26 yrs of my life. So it's something new, isn't it? New things are exciting.

Surabaya has been amazing, despite the heat. Spent my time meeting up with a few friends and been chilling with my cousins in the city of hero. Not a day went by that I did not hang out at TP, by the way. I guess it's my favorite mall at this visit. TP is a shorthand for Tunjungan Plaza and it's located on Jl. Basuki Rachmat. I'd say it's the most popular mall amidst so many others that you may find in Surabaya. One nice thing about TP is.. this mall has this bubble tea outlet called 'Quickly'. Well, Quickly can also be found at other malls, but the fact that I love TP and that the mall has a bubble tea place became one good enough reason to call a day good.

Uni buddies
First day at TP was special cuz I reunited with two of my friends from uni. Me and my friends had massages at TP 1 and ate dinner at the food court. Loved the food selection! I could have eaten like there's no tomorrow had I not forgotten my eating commitment. Good thing I did! >.<

Had another blimmin' reunion with a friend from my past work place in Surabaya the following night. I was craving for some kwetiau the noodle dish so I took her to Qual-li. I was so excited that night because my little cousin also joined me. And after dinner....we stopped by Quickly the bubble tea place! We loved our taro milk tea!

This place cheers me up!
I guess.. the climax of my Surabaya leg of journey was the karaoke I had last night with my cousin. As suggested by my friend Dhina, my cousin and I hit this karaoke place called Hap Pup at the Grand City Mall. Paid 150,000 IDR (1 USD equals 9,100 IDR) for a two-hr karaoke session. I thought the name was funny.. wasn't it? Turned out that it's a short form of Happy Puppy. Oh dear!

My cousin and pho
Besides the karaoke, I had my mission of introducing Vietnamese beef noodle soup (pho) to my cousin done. Okay, I guess am gonna use this opportunity to declare that I am a fan of pho! As a matter of fact, I brought a can of pho powder all the way from the States for my cousin. Yep, I was planning to cook her some pho! But then, I found myself discovering a pho restaurant at TP. I was really thrilled, I totally didn't expect that! Took her there last night and she, surprisingly, loved the blimmin' thing. Please note that I hated pho the first time I tried it so I expected her to not fall for it. As for me, it was indeed strange that I ended up liking it! Am so glad that I gave pho a second chance.      

Am gonna wrap up here now. I'll see you in Solo!



             

Comments

Popular Posts