The Bali Leg of Journey

I've been having a ton of fun! Spent time trying out local cuisine in Bali during my three-day stay last week. Another thing was..I felt like I had to get aromatherapy massages.! I am a fan of this massage place called 'Santai Spa', located on Padma Utara St #2, Legian Bali; went to get a massage every single day while I was staying in Legian. If some places charge 120 USD for an hour and a half body massage in the US, you'll get the same deal for only 120,000 IDR at Santai -equal to roughly 14 USD! Quite a steal.

Nasi Pedas Bu Andika
Speaking of food, I'd been waiting to try this place called Nasi Pedas Bu Andika ever since last yr. Didn't get the chance of going there last March when I was visiting Bali. This time I thought.. "I gotta make it!". Went to the place situated on Jalan Raya Kuta, on my first night. As the name explains (pedas means hot as in spicy), the chili sauce scattered on the damn dish is indeed hot! A plate was reasonably priced at 25,000 IDR -equal to roughly 3 USD.

Another food I was looking forward to having was 'ayam betutu'. I went to the popular one called 'Ayam Betutu Gili Manuk'. It was my first try on the dish  and I totally loved it! Ended up ordering a second plate. Unlike the Nasi Pedas Bu Andika experience I was not there by myself. A friend whom I met back in Oregon has been living in Bali for quite some time, and we got together. Not quite sure how much a plate cost since she picked up the tab. But I think the total was like 110,000 IDR for three portions of ayam betutu and four iced-tea drinks.

Me at Santai Spa
I woke up quite early at 5 am my last morning in Bali, then I swam a few laps. Went to Santai Spa at for one last time and got picked up by the same friend to go to another luncheon. Ended up at this restaurant on Double Six St, it's a beach-front and is named 'Tekor'. Had filling lunch there before I was headed to the airport. My dish was called nasi campur (some rice dish with various side dishes; portion was big!) and my friend ordered an American breakfast. She missed breakfast that morning and she was probably missing America! The tab came out a little less than 90,000 IDR; could only be humbled that she let me pick it up this time.

The hotel I stayed at in Legian

Comments

Popular Posts