Another Bali Episode

Me at Casa Padma
Finally landed in Indonesia Wednesday last week! This trip was planned since last year and I knew I wanted to stay for a few days in Bali to unwind. 


The nice thing about being in Bali then was that my cousin was able to join me for 3 days. Having a travel companion, we knew we wanted to do some kind of water sport activity together. She proposed this tour called Sea Walker, which I immediately agreed. *Sea creatures, here we come!*

Brekkie at Casa Padma

At Puri Santrian Sanur, departing point of Sea Walker tour

The Sea Walker tour cost us $47 per person, including pick-up at our hotel & lunch. If you want no frills -simply just the sea walking part minus pick-up & lunch- you'll only pay $35. But I think it's worth spending the extra $12. Man, that ride to Sanur from Legian was rather long. Google up Puri Santrian Hotel Sanur, it's a gorgeous resort and the lunch we had at their beachfront restaurant was super.


Casa Padma pool
We stayed at Casa Padma Hotel & Suites in Legian, only 2 minute-walk from my favorite Santai Spa. It was a perfect location, given the proximity to things I wanted to do. 

Tiara Dewata food court

Casa Padma provided me a free airport pick-up -for staying the minimum of 3 nights. It was very convenient not having to scramble to find a taxi can while dragging a big suitcase around.

Photo viewing booth at Waterbom, Kuta


Santai Spa lobby
I satiated my craving for Padang food, by eating nasi padang three times while in Bali. Second day on Bali, I visited a department store called Tiara Dewata in Denpasar. I ate three dishes for lunch at its food court -was sooo stuffed let me tell ya, and had to skip dinner for that reason.

But I couldn't resist the delicacies offered at Tiara Dewata! It took me a while to just pick those dishes -there were over 40 vendors to choose from. Tahu tek, tipat betutu, and pempek Palembang.. down the hatch they were in less than 30 minutes. I didn't stop there. Lumpia Semarang was put in a box to go, with a couple of traditional snacks risoles and martabak. What a pig!!

I still had two nights after my cousin left. After browsing on tripadvisor.com I decided to try Waterbom Park on Jl. Kartika in Kuta. It's right across from Discovery Mall -oddly enough, I never really noticed it's there. 

Cuz, after sea walking
Some rides were closed so they gave a 20% admission discount, cutting it to 200,000 IDR per adult -Indonesiands. They charge $32/adult person for foreign nationals. Yikes! What a difference!


Phew.. I gotta come to a conclusion that water park is not a place you go to by yourself. It was fun but nowhere near the fun you'll have when you have a companion or two! I mostly stuck around with the Lazy River ride, like for an hour. Sounds lazy, doesn't it? Before leaving, I stopped by the Superbowl ride, which is considered a moderately challenging one. It was totally nerve wracking to me! Once was enough! XD















Comments

Popular Posts