How I got That Tims Fever

Hey Ya!
I must say that I'm a little bit forcing it in writing this entry. It's nearly bed time, and I actually have a written piano exam coming up tomorrow (last one for this term, Thank God!). Thirdly, I just got home from Ms. Bennett's place about an hour ago. Well, there's not a big deal about getting home from the damn piano practice. The deal is.. I got home with a ton of homework! Eeeek..!

According to Ms. Bennett (she's my new piano teacher, I am finally taking private lessons now!), I played songs that were actually a little harder for my level. Are you confused now? Good, cuz I expect so. Okay, here what that means, I actually have been playing songs that are a little too hard for someone who is not that quite capable yet of reading music. I am able to read music but I am still struggling; I am able to coordinate both of my hands quite good that I can actually manage to play intermediate-level songs. So in a way, I appeared to be somewhat deceiving when playing her 'Hungarian Dance No. 5' during the interview last week; while today, I had to really, really, really take my time reading a piece of music she asked me to play (I am still too slow in reading music and play it spontaneously, in a nutshell). What makes me good in playing songs thus far is just the lots of practice that I've been doing.

Okay, this entry is actually not about me progressing in piano. Some of you may take a breath of relief, cuz listening to one talk about her (boring) life can be quite boring. Haha, how's that for a perfect example of redundancy?
My in laws' neighborhood
Before that Spring break trip to Indonesia, I visited Toronto for a week in the Winter time (Dec 2010). It was my fourth visit, by the way. And speaking of visiting Toronto, I have decided to not go over every single Toronto trip. It's been too many times (Glen and I even stopped over for a couple of days on our way home from Dominican Rep), and I don't wish to sound boring here. Hurrayyy, please give another sigh of relief for me :D. Or maybe I'll do another one from the past, the one when I went to Niagara Falls.

On my way to Sheridan Mall
I went to T.O by myself this time, and the place started to get even more familiar to me. In a way it was good because I didn't overwhelm myself by doing too many things or going too many places. I actually found some joy in a place that was the nearest to me, the neighborhood where my parents in law lived (and they still live there now, by the way). I spent a few afternoons going to Sheridan Mall, which is only about 8 minute-walk from the in laws' house. I developed my liking into Tim Hortons there; it was Winter and the weather got very cold, so drinking a cup of hot chocolate warmed me up and sort of gave a nice feeling.

Kensington Market. It's kind of tacky.
One of the highlights of this trip was the Kensington Market. It's a supposedly pretty cool meat & cheese market, but I didn't find it so. Or perhaps I just went there at a wrong time. With the chill and all the snow, people must have preferred being at home. Oh, me and my cousin in law went there on a weekday too, so what could we expect, eh? The second interesting thing was going to CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) downtown Toronto. It was really cool just staring at their hall of fame: walls full of supposedly familiar faces (I ain't Canadian, Mate! Plus, because I was rather new to North America those faces didn't look familiar at all! XD). But anyways, I still thought that CBC's hall of fame thing was cool.

CBC: inside the building
Me & the CBC's Hall of Fame
By the way, I didn't miss Ema-Tei on this visit. Went there for lunch with my cousin in law Neil. Ema-Tei is my favorite Japanese restaurant in the Toronto area. The food there is very good and authentic. Ichiro, the Japanese baseball player who is currently playing for Seattle' Seahawks, dined in there once. This tiny place located on Saint Patrick Street downtown Toronto is also quite popular among the local Japanese-descents, my in laws' included.

Ahhh..yeah.. I am yawning already. See? You really have to talk about something you really like in order to get that boost of energy. So I am gonna wrap this up here and talk to you tomorrow. Definitely need to go over some stuff for my exam now.

Night, Everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts